With approval from the main office and support of the PTA my neighborhood elementary school was going to let me rent space for ONE hour to have a meeting for parents and professionals. Titled ..."Back to School Coping Skills".
The flyer read.....
- How to spot academic issues early.
- How to request services.
- What to ask for and when--
- if you think your child is having concerns.
- What is an Occupational Therapy Evaluation?
- What is psychological how are the 2 different?
- AND THE BASICS
- Handwriting matters--the answer why it does.
- Homework strategies.
- Behavior--it's not just about the kids.
- Sometimes you need to talk to the teacher--
- how to handle that.
- Report card responses--the child and you.